We went on our honeymoon 5 days after our wedding, i.e. on September 14. We reach the apartment very late. The next day we sleep off a bit of yesterday’s journey and set off to look for a place where we can have a breakfast. Google maps shows many places around our apartment, but these are more bars than diners. Residents direct us to a cafe-pastry shop, apparently the Portuguese like to eat sweet breakfasts. Ultimately, we stop at one of the recommended places, which I regret (hoping for some scrambled eggs or toast). At least Wojtek is happy.
Later, we hang around our estate in search of a store. Ultimately, we find one right next to our apartment, we buy the necessary products and finally we can go where we were going – the cliffs of Ponta de Piedade.
Ponta de Piedade
After several minutes we reach the place … Wow!
After wandering and taking a thousand photos, we sit down with a view of the motorboats passing through the grottoes. We admire the spectacular views and think that it’s good it’s only first day of your stay.
A lighthouse stands between the east and west sides of the cliffs in the middle of the coast. It deserved a few photographs.
Western part of the cliffs
We go to the west side of the cliffs (previously we were on the east). From a distance we can see the characteristic, different from other ones, cliff on the Praia de Porto de Mos beach. Closer to us there are other picturesque formations: grottos, caves, rock arches…
This view will appear more than once in this report. This is probably our favorite place.
Praia do Camilo
Another time we will go towards this white cliff to the Porto de Mos beach, but today I would like to touch the ocean, so we turn back, go for a pizza to a restaurant next to the lighthouse, and then go to the beach Praia do Camilo. A long, scenic staircase leads to the beach. From their perspective, we can admire the beauty of this place.
We spread the towels, change and go towards the water. Unfortunately, it’s quite cold. However, it’s impossible for me not to swim in the ocean, so after the third attempt I manage to get into the water and swim a little.
And after cooling in the water, as on every trip, a moment for only me and the camera. Praia do Camilo, like many beaches in Lagos, consists of two sides. Just go along the shore to the left or go through a tunnel in the rock and we are on the other side of the beach. Now there is low tide and the water does not reach near the shore, but sometimes it isn’t possible to cross the road other than the tunnel.
Some more photos from the stairs.
And here – the tunnel and the other side of the beach.
Sun will set soon. The rocks make greater and greater shade on the beach, so we return to the apartment to change. Nature and everyday life of the inhabitants also must appear in our report.
Sunset on Praia do Pinhão
We take sweatshirts, get dressed warmer and quickly go out to our nearest beach Praia do Pinhão. We don’t see the sunset because it’s on the other side of the cliffs. Also the sky color doesn’t surprise us, as it often happens after sunsets, it just got dark today.
We go to the center of Lagos for a drink. Walking around the old town for a while we notice that every place is quite crowded. Finally, we sit down in a quieter place – at the Lendas restaurant. We watch a match on TV, then boxing goes on. We drink delicious drinks and are happy to have started the holiday!
That’s it for today, look into the next part of the report.
Ticket prices to Faro
- We paid 1600 PLN (400 Euro) for airline tickets. The price included one checked luggage (we had to fit a wedding dress and suit) and two larger hand luggage. We flew the Ryanair line from Warsaw Modlin to Faro.
How to get from Faro airport to Lagos?
- The cheapest option to get to Lagos from Faro airport is to take a bus from the airport to the center of Faro, and from there take a train to Lagos.
- There are two bus lines between Faro airport and Faro center – 14 and 16. The ticket costs 2.35 Euro. There is an option to buy it from the driver (payment in cash only). The journey takes about 15 minutes.
- The train station in Faro is located in the city center. A train ticket to Lagos can be bought at the ticket office at the station, it costs 7.40 euros.
- The fastest and easiest way to get to Lagos from Faro airport is with the help of a private carrier. You can avoid such a long journey and many transfers, because the carrier takes you from the airport terminal to the selected hotel. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to arrival. We used the services of Terravision. At present, a ticket costs 17 euros one way per person.
Thank you for reading the entry!
If you think it is interesting, we would be pleased if you leave a mark in the comment.
You will find more posts from Portugal here:
There are direct links to the next and previous episodes below.
All our travels: Travels
We also invite you to our Instagram and Facebook fanpage, where you can be up to date with all our travels.
See you later! 🙂